It’s fantastic to create something that will be on display in a church for hundreds of years.
– Agnethe Maagaard, glass artist
Agnethe is a world-renowned glass artist:
- It is fantastic to be allowed to set tracks
Agnethe Maagaard is among the elite of artists who create glass art for churches.
Have you ever sat in a church and wondered who has made the beautiful glass windows that tell a very special story in any church room?
It may be, Agnethe Maagaard is behind. At least she belongs to some of the world’s most powerful glass artists.
In 2013, she was given the opportunity to do a decoration assignment for the local church in Dybe. Here she made two glass mosaics that were mounted in the church’s windows to the north.
– I am incredibly proud of it – it is fantastic to be allowed to set tracks. To create something that will be on display in a church for hundreds of years, says Agnethe Maagaard.
Right now she is again working on glass mosaics. This time, there are two pieces to be installed in Fjellerup church at Norddjurs. And here it is the motives from the landscape and nature in Djursland that dominate.
– I have worked a lot with the rising and falling sun, the life of life, fishing and agriculture, which is what characterizes Fjellerup parish, she says.
The work has been almost 5 years running, in close cooperation with the diocese and ward council. Now there are two cast iron frames that must be filled with Maagaard’s glass art.
– It’s like when a painter has a colour palette, instead I have my small pieces of glass – you can call it a kind of glass painting, Agnethe Maagaard says.